You are here:

After Acceptance

Congratulations on your acceptance to the U! Whether you're just here for a semester or planning to stay for a whole academic year, we're excited to have you with us. Now that you've been accepted, there are few final things to take care of before (and after) you arrive in Salt Lake City. See each step below.  

check_boxAcceptance Checklist

Placement Acceptance Form (PAF)

Following your placement, a Placement Acceptance Form (PAF) will be generated at the NSE Office at your home campus. The PAF is the legal contract between you, your home campus, and the University of Utah. The NSE Coordinator at your home campus will work with you to complete the PAF. If you accept and sign the PAF, you are subjecting yourself to the terms of the contract. If you refuse to sign the PAF, your exchange will be cancelled.

Deadline for Fall Semester/All-Year placements:

March 25th

Deadline for Spring placements: October 15th

Admissions Application

Next, complete a University of Utah Non-Matriculated Admissions Application. This application is only available online. To complete this application, you will need to:

  1. Create a user account and login
  2. Select Salt Lake City, UT, USA as the Campus
  3. Select the first semester of your exchange at the U as the term of Enrollment
  4. Select Non-Matriculated as the Type of Application
  5. Complete all sections of the application
  6. In the comments section, please write that you are an incoming NSE student
  7. Submit your application

Once you complete all sections and submit your application, you will see a message that requests you pay an admissions fee. You may also receive an automatic email from the University of Utah's Admissions Office requesting you pay an admissions fee. If you recieve these messages, DO NOT PAY THE ADMISSIONS FEE. When you reach this step in the application process, complete the Confirm Intent to Enroll form and we will coordinate with the Admissions Office to waive this fee and process your application.

Deadline for Fall Semester/All-Year Placements: April 1st
Deadline for Spring placements: November 1st

Confirm Intent to Enroll

As part of our admissions process and in order to for us to waive your enrollment deposit, you will need to fill out a Confirm Intent to Enroll form.  You do not need to pay the deposit.  

Deadline for Fall Semester/All-Year Placements: April 1st
Deadline for Spring placements: November 1st

Forms & Fees

Conditions of Exchange

This online form outlines the final conditions of your exchange to the University of Utah. Agreement to the terms in this document is required for exchange at the University of Utah. If you have any questions before signing this statement, please contact us.

Conditions of Exchange
 Students on the lawn for the first week of fall semester

DS-2019 Application

This application will need to include a copy of your passport and proof of funding for room and board during the time of your stay. Once you complete this form, return it to the NSE Office (not ISS). This step is only required of students exchanging from Canada.



Deadline for Fall Semester/All-Year Placements: April 1st
Deadline for Spring placements: November 1st

NOTE: All previous steps (PAF, Admissions Application, and Forms & Fees) must be submitted before your student ID will released to you and you can register for courses. Only by turning in the materials above on time will guarantee you are able to register at the earliest possible registration date.

Register for Classes

Once you have recieved your student ID, you will be able to register for courses on the date below. If you need help registering for classes, the Registrar's Office offers a tutorial of how to register for classes at the U. Class schedules are available online.

Fall Semester Registration Opens: August 1st
Spring Semester Registration Opens: November 1st


If you are planning to live on campus, fill out an application for residential living online. Visit the "MyHousingU" section of our Campus Information System (CIS) to apply for housing. Apply as soon as you receive your student ID!  If you do not apply before the priority deadline you may not be able to secure housing for the semester. 

Once you have completed your Housing Application, email Christopher Breedon at (copy Ed Barbanell at on the email) and tell him you are an NSE student requesting housing. Whether using Plan A or Plan B, students are expected to pay all housing fees to the University of Utah.

The U also offers some assistance with off-campus housing, available online.

Tuition Payment

The University of Utah is a Plan A and Plan B institution. This means you will pay tuition to the University of Utah if you are on Plan A or to your host campus if you are on Plan B. Our office requires a receipt of your tuition payment while you are on exchange.

  • Special fees (housing, meals, parking, laboratory fees, art and photography supplies, course surcharges, field studies, student teaching, internship, service learning) must be paid to the University of Utah. Include any additional receipts for payments made to your host campus.
  • If your enrollment exceeds the maximum credit hour limit (18 on Plan A, 15 on Plan B), the extra credits will be billed at non-resident tuition rates.
Deadline for Fall/All-Year placements: November 1st
Deadline for Spring placements: March 1st

Update Your Information

As soon as you arrive in Utah and know your Salt Lake City address, phone number, and University of Utah e-mail address (also called UMail address), please change your contact information in CIS. A guide as to how to update your contact information is available online.


Deadline for Fall/All-Year placements: November 1st
Deadline for Spring placements: March 1st

Order Your Transcript

After your grades are posted, arrange to have an offical transcript for the coursework completed at the U sent back to your home campus. Courses will be applied as outlined and agreed upon in the advising agreement completed on your home campus. Official transcripts can be ordered (and tracked) online through the Office of the Registrar. For full-year exchanges, order your transcript at the conclusion of your exchange rather than in-between semesters.

If you ever have any questions or concerns while here on exchange, contact us or the NSE Coordinator at your host campus. We are here to help you and make your exchange experience great!

Last Updated: 6/13/18